Saturday 24 September 2016

Sketching at the Melbourne Royal Botanic Gardens

At $25 per person, guess who *didn't* go for a punt tour on the lake. Here I’m trying out a sketch with no pen work (just some pencil). 



I thought this was some historic cottage…


but it was just a rest area called William Tell Rest House. I rather like this relatively free  method of alternating pencil and watercolour and working out the composition as I go along instead of being literally accurate. 

Here’s the view from where I was sketching from, the little rest house is far away but I made it the focal point. 



View of the pond from the William Tell Rest House side of the lake.



Here's a bit about the punt tours.

Pencil, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Beta Sketchbook, 5.5x8.5ins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment