Tuesday 3 October 2017

Dunedin Museum Sketches

It was cold and a bit rainy during the 3 days I spent in Dunedin, New Zealand recently but I got some enjoyable sketching time at a couple of museums there. 

At the Otago Museum. For this sketch I tried something new and prepared the coloured  background for the page before going to the museum.




The mechanical Dimetrodon (it was an exhibition of dinosaurs from the Permian age). I got tired of it roaring every time someone walked past.



Here an old trolley car and a ceremonial Maori kite at the very informative Toitu Otago Settlers Museum. 



My visit was made all the more meaningful knowing that my son-in-law’s late mother (whom I sadly never got to meet) was once the director of the institution.

Marker pens, watercolour, #MoleskineWatercolourAlbum, 5x8”.25”.

No comments:

Post a Comment